What You Will Gain
On training completion you will be able to:
• Describe the responsibilities of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of management systems
• Explain the purpose and structure of ISO 14001, and explain the principles, process and selected techniques used for the assignment and management of environmental aspects and impacts, including the significance of these for EMS auditors
• Plan and prepare for an internal audit, gather audit evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records
• Write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system
• Suggest ways in which the effectiveness of corrective action might be verified.